Woodbury Central Community School
Organizational Board Meeting
September 10, 2018
The Woodbury Central School Board met in regular session in the school library on Sept. 10, 2018 with President Frafjord calling the organizational meeting to order at 7:47 p.m.
Members Present: Frafjord, Koele, Kluender, Reblitz, Thomsen. Absent: Nelson, Lamp.
Moved by Kluender, second by Reblitz to approve the agenda as written. Motion carried, all voting aye.
President Frafjord opened the floor for nominations for Board President.
• Motion by Koele, second by Reblitz to nominate Gary Frafjord as Board President.
• Moved by Kluender, second by Reblitz to cease nominations. Carried – all voting aye.
• Gary Frafjord was elected Board president by unanimous vote.
• Oath of office by Christen Howrey
President Frafjord opened the floor for nominations for Board Vice President
• Moved by Reblitz, second by Kluender to nominate Eric Nelson as Vice President
• Moved by Kluender, second by Koele that nominations cease. Carried – all voting aye.
• Eric Nelson was elected Board Vice President by unanimous vote.
• Oath or office at a later time.
Date and Time for meetings set for the second Monday of every month at 7:30 except December, which will be the 2nd Tuesday.
Reports: Reports by Mrs. Lambert, Mrs. Gilbert, Mr. Bormann and Mr. Glackin
Focus on Education: Mrs. Walker presented testing results from last year and the APR Goals set by the School Improvement Committee.
• Moved by Reblitz , second by Thomsen to approve the APR goals for the targeted grades and subjects. Motion carried, all voting aye.
• Moved by Kluender, second by Thomsen to approve the Short Term Elementary goals as presented. Motion carried, all voting aye.
Policies and Procedures:
• Moved by Kluender, second by Koele to approve the following open enrollment requests to attend WC for 2018-19: Kelsey Mosher (KP) for Kattriana Edberg (K), Jeremiah & Jennifer Ploen (RV) for Payton (K), Greg Hamman (KP) for Bristol (4) and Jaden (11), Amber Nelson (KP) for Kalen Koch (10). Motion carried, all voting aye.
• Board consensus that Mrs. Vondrak has permission to apply for a grant for the flexible seating she requests.
Building, Grounds, & Transportation
• Update by Glackin on the additional costs associated with the fire system, intruder system, and camera system.
• Moved by Reblitz, second by Thomsen to approve Deb Pueppke for the 3 hr daily position in the kitchen. Motion carried, all voting aye.
• Moved by Kluender, second by Koele to approve aide, Amy Fixsel at $12.24 per hour for 7.5 hours per day. Motion carried, all voting aye.
• Moved by Kluender, second by Reblitz to approve Erin Reinders as MS Volleyball coach. Motion carried, all voting aye.
• Moved by Koele, second by Thomsen to approve Jordan Bremer, Adam McElrath, Zach Klingensmith, Skylar Sanford and Cody Davis as volunteer wrestling coaches provided they meet the coaching licensing requirements and pass a background check. Motion carried, all voting aye.
• Moved by Kluender, second by Reblitz to approve the purchase of 5 spots in the Extended Day Program by the General Fund as a staff benefit for use when they are performing school related duties or emergency situations. Motion carried, all voting aye.
• Moved by Kluender, second by Koele to approve the lane change of Mishelle Lux to a BA+20. Motion carried, all voting aye.
• Moved by Kluender, second by Thomsen to approve the Standing Committees of the Board with the following changes: Kluender assigned to Transportation, Reblitz assigned to Negotiations, and Lamp as the Chair of Negotiations. Motion carried, all voting aye.
• Moved by Reblitz, second by Kluender to approve the SIAC committee members as presented. Motion carried, all voting aye.
• Moved by Kluender, second by Koele to approve the purchase of Middle School Science Text books and related curriculum with a maximum of $22,747.10. Motion carried, all voting aye.
• Moved by Kluender, second by Thomsen to appoint Donnie Reblitz as the IASB Delegate to the assembly at convention. Motion carried, all voting aye.
• Moved by Koele, second by Reblitz to approve the request of maximum allowable growth for the special education deficit from FY18 of $128,177.91. Motion carried, all voting aye.
• Moved by Reblitz, second by Koele to approve the addition of the Chromebooks to the SU Insuruance policy at an additional annual cost of $5512.00. Motion carried, all voting aye.
• No visitor/community comments
• For the Good of the Cause – Howrey – audit was complete with no noted comments. Kluender – had request by community member to look into building an announcer’s booth between the softball and baseball fields.
Adjourn: Moved by Kluender , second by Koele to adjourn. Motion carried, all voting aye. Board adjourned at 9:02 p.m.
Christen Howrey, Secretary
Gary Frafjord, President
BOARD REPORT OF COMPUTER WARRANTS – September 2018
ADVANTAGE ADMINISTRATORS FLEX ACCT. ADMIN FEE 97.50
Anthony’s Express Wash
BUS WASHES 76.00
BUS WASHES 33.00
Vendor Total: 109.00
Apple Textbooks INST. MUSIC TEXT 593.45
Beelner Service Inc. sprinkler repair 160.85
Bormann, Daniel REIMB STAFF LUNCHEON 262.66
BRAUNGER FOODS STAFF LUNCH 112.58
Bret Peterson Plumbing & Construction LLC
WATER LEAK –
Plumbing repair 391.23
Vendor Total: 1,312.42
CASEY JACKSON CONSTRUCTION HAUL ROCK 875.00
CENTRAL IOWA DISTRIBUTING, INC. CLEANING SUPPLIES 212.00
Clark’s Hardware brush 6.99
DIVISION OF LABOR SERVICES BOILER INSPECTION 200.00
Document Depot & Destruction, Inc. SHREDDING SERVICE 45.00
EBSCO SUBSCRIPTION SER-VICE MAGAZINES 388.09
Family Healthcare of Siouxland
DRIVER PHYSICAL 106.00
DRIVER PHYSICAL 106.00
Vendor Total: 212.00
Fleet US LLC
FIELD PAINT 61.80
FIELD PAINT 92.70
FIELD PAINT 200.00
PAINT SPREADER 360.00
FIELD PAINT 1,765.30
Vendor Total: 2,479.80
GALLAGHER BENEFIT SERVICES GASB 75 REPORT 1,200.00
GOPHER SPORT ELEM. P.E. SUPPLIES 681.91
Graffix, Inc. dba Wall of Fame Door name plates 72.00
Graham’s Graphics kitchen shirts 80.50
CLEANING SUPPLIES 326.72
CLEANING SUPPLIES 175.60
FLOOR SCRUBBER 2,200.00
Cleaning supplies 293.04
Cleaning supplies 125.70
Cleaning Supplies 207.29
Vendor Total: 3,328.35
IDVILLE ID CARDS 450.00
Iowa High School Music Association Marching Band Registration 175.00
Iowa School Finance Information Service WRITE 2 LEARN 3,700.00
SHARED TRACK 1,125.60
Vendor Total: 45,513.55
Manker, Tiffany REIMB. CLASS 90.00
McGraw-Hill Companies SPANISH – ONLINE SUPPORT 584.28
MID AMERICAN ENERGY
NATURAL GAS 13.45
NATURAL GAS 13.45
Vendor Total: 11,399.02
MIND RESEARCH INSTITUTE ELEM. MATH LICENSE 3,740.00
MOC-FV Band Parents REGISTRATION FEE 200.00
MOVILLE J & J MOTOR COMPANY
01 – service 79.89
01 – 18 qts. oil 63.00
03 – service/filters 218.24
03 – 26 qts. oil 91.00
99 wiper blades 32.50
Tire repairs 31.50
Vendor Total: 516.13
MOVILLE, CITY OF WATER/SEWER 2,200.35
Mpire Heating & Cooling, LLC
HVAC REPAIR 250.00
HVAC REPAIR 200.00
Vendor Total: 535.00
FAWCETT – CLASS 90.00
CIM INST. SUPPLIES 628.50
CIM INST. SUPPLIES 260.00
ELEM. SUPPLIES 60.00
Vendor Total: 1,038.50
Parks, Pamela REIMB. LIBRARY SUPPLIES 43.39
Premier Furniture & Equipment FILING CABINETS 994.00
Rolling Oil Fuel 925.65
SCHOOL SPECIALTY SUPPLY
6 desks 709.50
Vendor Total: 897.71
Select Fire & Safety kitchen-hood inspect 141.00
Siouxland Insulation PIPE INSULATION 396.38
THOMAS BUS SALES OF IOWA, INC. CROSSING ARM 102.12
Thompson Innovation SERVER CONFIGURATION 900.00
West Interactive Services Corporation SCHARP SCHOOL – WEBHOSTING 1,081.50
WESTERN IOWA TECH COMM COLLEGE DESTIGTER – BLS INSTRUCTOR CLASS 70.00
Wilson, Roger DRIVERS LICENSE – CDL 40.00
Fund Total: 88,163.68
Checking Account Total: 88,163.68
PHYSICAL PLANT & EQUIPMENT
MARCO TECHNOLOGIES LLC COPIER LEASE 969.00
Fund Total 969.00
Checking Account Total 969.00
SU INSURANCE COMPANY 2ND QTR. PYMT. 12,985.25
Fund Total: 12,985.25
Checking Account Total: 12,985.25
SALES TAX FUND
CDW Government, Inc.
5 yr. license 22,158.00
Vendor Total: 25,275.50
Grell Roofing Roof – Final Pymt. 23,250.00
Magic Carpet & Drapery
Vendor Total: 5,162.00
Fund Total: 53,687.50
Checking Account Total: 53,687.50
Vendor Total: 947.10
Galva Holstein High School XC ENTRY FEES 90.00
Galva Holstein Schools VB ENTRY FEE 95.00
HAUFF MID-AMERICA SPORTS TROPHY PLATE 10.50
Heelan High School, Athletic XC ENTRY FEE 50.00
Iowa Association of Track Coaches MEMBERSHIP 2018-2019 50.00
Iowa High School Speech Assn. MEMBERSHIP 2018-2019 75.00
KINGSLEY-PIERSON COMM SCHOOL JV QUAD ENTRY 35.00
LAWTON-BRONSON COMM. SCHOOL JV VB ENTRY FEE 60.00
Le Mars Community High School VB ENTRY FEE 65.00
XC ENTRY FEE 60.00
Vendor Total: 125.00
Logan Magnolia High School XC ENTRY 61.00
MOUNTS, KIMBERLEY VB OFFICIAL 105.00
TROUTH, GARY VB OFFICIAL 105.00
Walsworth Publishing Company 2019 YEARBOOK — 1ST DEPOSIT 2,190.04
WESTWOOD COMM. SCHOOLS DISTRICT 10 DUES FB 200.00
Fund Total: 4,198.64
Checking Account Total: 4,198.64
GENERAL SUPPLIES 48.32
Vendor Total: 2,115.62
CULLIGAN SALT 18.40
Vendor Total: 852.69
EARTHGRAINS CO., INC.
Vendor Total: 216.43
GREENBERG FRUIT CO.
Vendor Total: 528.18
MARTIN BROS. DISTRIBUTING CO. INC. GENERAL
GENERAL SUPPLIES 210.21
Vendor Total: 6,276.14
Fund Total: 10,007.46
Checking Account Total: 10,007.46
AUGUST 2018 BMO PAYMENT
Description: SUPPLIES, TRAVEL, INST. SUPPLIES, MISC.
DRIVERS ED GAS & 2 CAR WASHES 296.86
OFFICE SUPPLIES 16.05
FUNERAL ARRANGEMENT 50.00
SILVER 14 – SERVICE/FILTER 19.50
SILVER 14 – 6 QTS. OIL 21.00
VAN 54 – BRAKES/SERVICE/BACKUP ALARM 405.81
VAN 54 – 5 QTS. OIL 17.50
06 – SERVICE/AIR DRYER/FILTERS 650.83
06 – 26 QTS. OIL 42.00
11 – SERVICE/FILTERS 79.89
18 QTS. OIL 63.00
IASBO MEMBERSHIP 175.00
ROOM FOR COACHES 109.06
AMAZON PRIME REFUND (459.08)
DRIVERS ED GAS 129.20
PEST CONTROL 52.00
PHONE/ INTERNET 383.26
BB COACH PD 20.00
CREDIT FOR SALES TAX LAST MONTH (3.25)
ELECTRIC SUPPLIES 70.91
LIGHTING SUPPLIES 1,713.15
MAINTENANCE SUPPLIES 289.71
CLEANING SUPPLIES 66.40
BUILDING REPAIR 41.91
GROUNDS MAINTENANCE 1,392.49
PAINT – BUSES 112.60
MIDBELL SERVICE INSTRUMENTS 373.64
CREDIT TW DIRECTOR INST. (279.00)
USB FLASH DRIVES 35.99
TECH SUPPLIES/SPEAKERS, MISC. 641.40
MAINT SUPPLIES 584.66
OFFICE 365 – 5 YR. LICENSE 1,664.00
8 STUDENT IPADS VIA IEP’S 2,635.41
HS TEACHER LAPTOPS AND BAGS 2,854.84
FIELD CHALK 15.00
INSTRUCTIONAL SUPPLIES 82.98
TEACHERS PLANNERS 338.65
INSTRUCTIONAL SUPPLIES 44.60
INSTRUCTIONAL SUPPLIES 116.33
GENERAL SUPPLIES 23.98
GENERAL SUPPLIES 315.80
TRAVEL LB/BS 361.66
INSTRUCTIONAL SUPPLIES 46.87
MS PLANNERS 697.50
INSTRUCTIONAL SUPPLIES 111.17
INSTRUCTIONAL SUPPLIES 122.90
INSTRUCTIONAL SUPPLIES 125.14
WEIGHT TRAINING SUPPLIES 205.73
INSTRUCTIONAL SUPPLIES 253.80
INSTRUCTIONAL SUPPLIES 31.41
INSTRUCTIONAL SUPPLIES 250.22
INSTRUCTIONAL SUPPLIES 51.94
GENERAL SUPPLIES 57.99
GENERAL SUPPLIES 456.65
INSTRUCTIONAL SUPPLIES 46.30
Description: lunch program license
lunch program license 700.00
Volleyball Supplies 15.74
IMPACT CONCUSS. TESTING 435.00
Batch 1099 Total: 0.00
Batch Total: 27,844.84
Report 1099 Total: 0.00
Report Total: 27,844.84
Prepaid — Approved Sept. 2018
Center Point Energy NAT. GAS 209.69
Family Healthcare of Siouxland DRIVER PHYSICAL 106.00
Iowa High School Athletic Directors Association MEMBERSHIP/CONVENTION 255.00
Iowa High School Music Association MEMBERSHIP 25.00
LINDEN CHIROPRACTIC CLINIC DRIVER PHYSICALS 170.00
MEDICAL ENTERPRISES, INC. DRUG/ALCOHOL TESTS 95.00
MOVILLE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE 2018 MEMBER-SHIP 85.00
SAM’S CLUB MEMBERSHIPS 500.00
SCHOOL ADMINISTRATORS OF IOWA MEMBERSHIP 547.00
Turnitin, LLC RENEW INST. SUPPLIES 1,570.00
VERIZON WIRELESS cell phone 779.52
Fund Total: 4,457.21
Checking Account Total: 4,457.21
PHYSICAL PLANT & EQUIPMENT
TRINITY LUTHERAN CHURCH PRESCHOOL RENT (DONATION) 2,500.00
Fund Total: 2,500.00
Checking Account Total: 2,500.00
SALES TAX FUND
Curry Floor & Acoustics CARPET 14,003.78
GRELL ROOFING roof replaced – partial pymt. 23,250.00
JM CONSTRUCTION CONCRETE WORK 765.00
Fund Total: 38,018.78
Checking Account Total: 38,018.78
All Iowa Honor Drill Team AUDITION/LUNCHES 103.00
Iowa Girls’ High School Athletic Union REGIONAL GATES 2018 948.00
Fund Total: 1,051.00
Checking Account Total: 1,051.00
Prepaid 2 — Approved Sept. 2018
GOETTSCH, ERIC FB OFFICIAL 110.00
HARRIMAN, WADE FB OFFICIAL 110.00
Harris, Dave JV FB OFFICIAL 155.00
Harris, Mark JV FB OFFICIAL 155.00
HORAN, KEITH FB OFFICIAL 110.00
Hytrek, Nick JV FB OFFICIAL 155.00
KREBER, JASON JV FB OFFICIAL 155.00
UITERMARKT, LAINEE CHOREOGRAPHY 1,115.60
WESSLING, DOUG FB OFFICIAL 110.00
WHITEING, DEVLUN FB OFFICIAL 110.00
Fund Total: 2,285.60
Checking Account Total: 2,285.60
Published in The Record
Thursday, September 20, 2018