Correctionville City Council
Regular City Council Meeting – October 8, 2018
CALL TO ORDER: The Correctionville City Council met in Regular session on October 8, 2018, at the Correctionville City Hall. The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Mayor Nathan Heilman.
ROLL CALL: Council members answering roll: Bob Beazley, Adam Petty, Calvin McCrea and Ron Sanderson. Absent: Tara Hill. City Attorney was represented by Chad Thompson.
APPROVAL OF AGENDA: Motion by Sanderson, 2nd by Petty to approve the agenda. Passed 4/0.
CONSENT AGENDA: Motion by Sanderson, 2nd by Beazley to approve the minutes of the September 10, 2018 regular meeting, bills as listed. Reports as filed. Passed 4/0.
PUBLIC FORUM – CITIZEN INPUT: Mary Reinert addressed the Council regarding a nuisance citation. Keith Byers expressed his appreciation to the council for their effort to clean up the City, 5th Street construction and new sidewalks. Keith also invited the council to CEDCORP Strategic Planning meeting October 11, 2018.
1. Deputy Trobaugh reviewed the Sheriff’s report.
2. Maintenance report: none given.
3. Maintenance projects drainage at Driftwood and 4th Street was discussed.
4. Jeff Hill, representing the Correctionville Fire and Rescue presented report. Department received a $2000 grant from Farmers Mutual through the Hoffman Agency to replace some hose and nozzle.
5. Dave Christensen, updated the council regarding sidewalk inspections and nuisance citations.
6. Laurie Downey addressed the Council regarding sidewalk repair notification.
7. Motion by Petty, 2nd by Beazley to approve
setting public hearing vacating the East/West Alley in Block 9, The Railroad Addition to the City of Correctionville; West One-half (W ½) of the East/West Alley in Block 10, The Railroad Addition to the City of Correctionville; and the West One-half (W ½) and the East One-half (E ½) of the East/West Alley in Block 11, The Railroad Addition to the City of Correctionville; all located in the town of Correctionville, Woodbury County, Iowa, for November 12, 2018, at 7:15 p.m. in council chambers. Roll Call. Passed 4/0.
8. Motion by Sanderson, 2nd by Petty to approve
approving change order #1 from Knife River Midwest, LLC, for 5th Street Extension project. Roll call. Passed 4/0.
9. Motion by Petty, 2nd by Sanderson to approve
approving change order #2 from Knife River Midwest, LLC, for the 5th Street Extension project. Roll call. Passed 4/0.
10. Motion by Sanderson, 2nd by Petty to approve
approving pay request #2 from Knife River Midwest, LLC, in the amount of $3,990.00 for the 5th Street Extension project. Roll call. Passed 4/0.
11. Motion by Sanderson, 2nd by Petty to approve
approving final pay request #3 from Knife River Midwest, LLC, in the amount of $7,176.77 for the 5th Street Extension project. Roll call. Passed 4/0.
12. Sanderson introduced the 1st reading of
an Ordinance amending chapter 65, 65.01, stop required. Motion by Petty, 2nd by McCrea to approve the reading. Roll call. Passed 4/0. Motion by McCrea, 2nd by Petty to waive 2nd and 3rd readings. Roll call. Ayes: Beazley, McCrea and Petty. Nays: Sanderson. Motion failed to pass.
13. McCrea introduced the 1st reading of
an Ordinance amending chapter 65, 65.03, yield required. Motion by McCrea, 2nd by Petty to approve the reading. Roll call. Ayes: Beazley, McCrea and Petty. Nays: Sanderson. Passed 3/1. Motion by McCrea, 2nd by Petty to waive 2nd and 3rd readings. Roll call. Ayes: Beazley, McCrea and Petty. Nays: Sanderson. Motion failed to pass.
14. Motion by Petty, 2nd by McCrea to approve
approving the Annual Urban Renewal Report for 2017/18. Roll Call Passed 4/0.
15. Councilman Petty presented to the River Valley school board plans for constructing a shelter at the city park. This property is currently leased from the school. Current lease is due to expire December of 2024. Petty asked the school board to consider selling or extending the lease for this property. School board will take it under consideration at their next meeting.
16. Mayor Heilman discussed council committees and description of duties.
• CEDCORP Strategic Planning meeting, Thursday, October 11, 2018 at 7:00 p.m.
• Welsch CD $30,000 shorter investment term.
• Budget meeting scheduled for October 15, 2018 at 7:00 p.m.
• With no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:15 PM.
NATHAN HEILMAN, Mayor
CARLA MATHERS, CMC,
Road Use Tax
Fire Dept. Fund
Restricted Gifts (Horizons)
Transfer of Jurisdiction
IPERS IPERS $1,894.62
EFTPS – U.S. DEPT. OF TREASURY Federal $2,740.61
IOWA DEPT. OF REVENUE 3rd Quarter Withhold $1,903.00
IOWA DEPT. OF REVENUE 3rd 1/4 Sales Tax $469.00
IOWA DEPT. OF REVENUE 3rd 1/4 WET Tax $1,171.00
ALVIN ROGGATZ Tree removal $500.00
TERRY M. CLARKSON Demo 816 8th Street $12,000.00
CARLA MATHERS Per diem conference $60.00
APRIL PUTZIER Per diem conference $60.00
IA SECTION AWWA REGION 3 Training $45.00
MIDAMERICAN Shop $3,164.56
VERIZON WIRELESS ambulance $90.46
UNITED HEALTHCARE Health Ins. $4,868.79
USPS Postage $134.75
USPS Sidewalk repair letters $488.51
KNIFE RIVER MIDWEST, LLC Pay request #1, 5th Street Project $132,368.64
THE STIRRING @ 403 Horizons donation $1,010.00
CORRECTIONVILLE FIRE DEPARTMENT Horizons donation $1,010.00
RACHEL’S CHALLENGE Horizons donation $1,010.00
RIVER VALLEY Horizons donation $1,010.00
RIVER VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL Horizons donation $1,010.00
SANITARY SERVICES 3rd Quarter 2018 garbage service $13,823.30
ABSOLUTE INSPECTION SERVICES Sidewalk, nuisance $2,426.09
BOMGAARS SUPPLY INC. 816 4th Street $124.50
BROWN SUPPLY CO. Water parts $345.91
CARLA MATHERS League Conference mileage/room $401.29
CORNER HARDWARE Repairs $69.36
CORRECTIONVILLE BLDG. CENTER Curb repair $47.16
ENGLESON ABSTRACT CO. INC. 208 Birch, lien search $125.00
FOUNDATION ANALYTICAL Water testing $28.75
IAWEA REGION 3 Training, Pat Langschwager $40.00
IOWA CODIFICATION, INC. Sept. 2018 Supplement to Code $410.00
IOWA DNR Annual water use fee Permit #6 $134.00
IOWA DOT Ice melt $17.68
IOWA LEAGUE OF CITIES Budget workshop $90.00
L.P. GILL, INC. 2nd Quarter 2018/19 $3,907.96
LONGLINES Phones $289.21
MIKE SEVENING CONSTRUCTION Sidewalk crosswalks $5,466.00
NEW COOP Fuel $1,257.65
OFFICE SYSTEMS CO. Toner $45.93
PCC Amb. billing $150.71
STAN HOUSTON EQUIPMENT Sidewalk mat $1,375.00
MOVILLE RECORD publishing $173.90
VICKI KNAACK Mileage, Storm Lake workshop $40.88
VISA Postage $1,378.31
WESTERN IOWA TECH COMM COLLEGE Training Martin, Wilson $705.00
WOODBURY COUNTY EMS Ambulance Assist $800.00
Published in The Record
Thursday, October 18, 2018