Regular Correctionville City Council Meeting –
February 11, 2019
CALL TO ORDER: The Correctionville City Council met in Regular session on February 11, 2019, at the Correctionville City Hall. The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Mayor Nathan Heilman.
ROLL CALL: Council members answering roll: Bob Beazley, Adam Petty, Tara Hill and Ron Sanderson. Absent: Calvin McCrea. City Attorney was represented by Chad Thompson.
APPROVAL OF AGENDA: Motion by Sanderson, 2nd by Petty to approve the agenda. Passed 4/0.
CONSENT AGENDA: Motion by Sanderson, 2nd by Petty to approve the minutes of the January 14, 2019 regular meeting and January 28, 2019 special meeting, bills as listed. Reports as filed. Passed 5/0.
PUBLIC FORUM – CITIZEN INPUT: Keith Byers asked the council what the plan was for the newly purchased property along Sioux Avenue. Council has not yet made a plan for the property.
1. Deputy Hertz reviewed the Sheriff’s report.
2. Maintenance report: None
3. Fire and Rescue: Jeff Hill, reported we had one fire with eight departments responding. Dis-cussed service schedule for fire hydrants. Pumper will be taken to Toyne for repairs.
4. Dave Christensen: No report.
5. Motion by Sanderson, 2nd by Petty accept resignation of Calvin McCrea from the City Council effective immediately. Passed 4/0.
6. Motion by Sanderson, 2nd by Petty to fill vacancy of city council position by appointment. Passed 4/0.
7. Motion by Petty, 2nd by Beazley to close the meeting at 7:20 p.m. and go into a public hearing to hear comments, oral or written, regarding the Correctionville Comprehensive Plan. With no oral or written comments, motion by Sanderson 2nd by Petty, to close public hearing and go back into regular session at 7:21 p.m. Passed 4/0.
8. Motion by Petty, 2nd by Hill to approve
to adopt the Correctionville Comprehensive Plan as presented.
Roll call. Passed 4/0.
9. Kacie Mammen, Youth football – No action.
10. Amanda Harper, Simpco – postponed to next regular council meeting.
11. Keith Byers addressed the council seeking their opinion regarding tiny homes in Correctionville. Byers will look into it further and bring more information to the council.
12. Motion by Petty, 2nd by Sanderson to pay full time employees that opt out of our health insurance plan a $100.00 monthly stipend starting July 1, 2019. The employee personnel manual will need updated before this will go into effect. Passed 4/0.
13. Pool wages – No action.
14. Motion by Sanderson, 2nd by Petty approving the application for a MRHD grant to be used for the ambulance to purchase a power cot. A letter of authorization from the Council and request for an application will be submitted to Mark Monson at MRHD.
15. Surveying City owned properties – No action.
16. Motion by Petty, 2nd by Hill to approve
setting March 11, 2019, at 7:00 p.m., Council Chambers,
312 Driftwood Street, Correctionville, Iowa,
for the Public Hearing to approve the FY 2019/20 Budget.
Roll Call. Passed 4/0.
With no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:40 PM.
NATHAN HEILMAN, Mayor
CARLA MATHERS, CMC, City Clerk
IPERS IPERS $1,856.22
DEPARTMENT OF TREASURY Federal $2,533.98
USPS Postage $134.75
DEARBORN NATIONAL LIFE INS. Life Ins. $82.05
KINGS POINTE EMS conference $133.28
MIDAMERICAN Shop $2,779.52
ABSOLUTE INSPECTION SERVICES Nuisance $449.32
CEDCORP, INC. Business grant $5,000.00
CHRIS LILLEFLOREN Mileage $185.60
CITY CLERK – PETTY CASH Supplies $59.13
CORNER HARDWARE Supplies $12.71
CORRECTIONVILLE BLDG. CENTER Barricades $185.99
DISPLAY SALES Christmas lights $92.00
FOUNDATION ANALYTICAL Water/Sewer Testing $86.50
HAWKINS INC. Chemicals $1,831.13
HEALY WELDING Chevy pumper $2,560.45
I & S GROUP, INC. 5th Street $8,284.20
IMFOA Dues $100.00
JOY AUTO SUPPLY INC. Maintenance $87.45
LONGLINES Phones $284.52
MCKESSON MEDICAL Ambulance supplies $303.65
NETSYS Shadow Protect $36.00
NEW COOP Propane, fuel $1,999.10
NORTH AMERICAN TRUCK & TRAILER Plow truck $565.07
OFFICE ELEMENTS Office supplies $27.80
OFFICE OF AUDITOR OF STATE 2019 Exam fee $1,200.00
OVERHEAD DOOR COMPANY Repairs $131.00
PCC Ambulance billing $72.31
PINNACLE PERFORMANCE LLC Tires $91.90
RESOURCE MATE Web host $179.00
RICHARD WILSON Mandatory reporter $35.00
STAN HOUSTON EQUIPMENT Sidewalk mats $570.00
STEFFEN TRUCK EQUIPMENT INC. Repair sander $1,041.36
THE MERCANTILE Pop $67.08
MOVILLE RECORD Publishing $204.57
TRIPLE C PEST CONTROL Mosquito control $3,230.00
VERIZON WIRELESS Phones $34.32
VISA Supplies $600.52
WESTERN IOWA TECH EMT training Wilson $1,596.00
WOODBURY COUNTY EXTENSION Continuing Ed $35.00
Road Use Tax
Published in The Record
Thursday, February 21, 2019