Woodbury Central Community School
Regular Board Meeting –
March 11, 2019
The Woodbury Central School Board met in regular session in the school library on Mar. 11, 2019 with President Frafjord calling the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m.
Visitors: Pat Hofstatter, Mike Hofstatter, Linda Fetterman, Randy Petersen, Cherie Dandurand, Jeff Crick, Faith Lambert, Bonnie Clark, Mary Schultz, Blake Stubbs, Denise Heiman, Miah Manker.
Members Present: Frafjord, Koele, Reblitz, Thomsen, Kluender, and student member Miah Manker. Absent: Nelson, Lamp.
Moved by Reblitz, second by Kluender to approve the agenda as written. Motion carried, all voting aye.
Moved by Kluender, second by Reblitz to waive the reading of the minutes from Feb. 11, 2019 and approved them as written. Motion carried, all voting aye.
Moved by Reblitz, second by Koele to approve payments from the General Fund for $61,347.32, the PPEL Fund for $11,536.23, the Sales Tax Fund for $1,380.00, the Activity Fund for $8,948.95 and the Nutrition Fund for $8,272.62 and prepaid checks from the General Fund for $15,273.13, the Activity Fund for $7242.55, and the Nutrition Fund for $90.29. Motion carried, all voting aye.
Hearing on 2019-20 Calendar: Pres. Frafjord opened hearing at 7:35 pm. Glackin presented calendar. After a brief discussion, the hearing was closed at 7:37.
• Moved by Kluender, second by Thomsen to approve the 2019-20 Hourly School Calendar as presented. Motion carried, all voting aye.
Reports: Reports by Mrs. Gilbert, Mr. Bormann (absent — presented by Glackin), and Mr. Glackin — report and partial summary of ISFIS conference on construction projects.
Policies and Procedures:
• Moved by Thomsen, second by Koele to approve the open enrollment requests to attend WC for 2019-20 by Adam & Sarah Beery (MVAO) for Brooklyn (11th), Kara Koehn (KP) for Jaycee (K), and Jen Benedix & Ryan Nippert for Rielyn Nippert (8). Motion carried, all voting aye.
• Moved by Reblitz, second by Thomsen to approve amendments to, enactment of and offer the Early Retirement Policy 407.6T for 12 months employees. Changes include minimum age to 55 and maximum 2 employees. Motion carried, all voting aye.
• Moved by Reblitz, second by Thomsen to approve offering the Early Retirement Policy 407.6to a maximum of 2 licensed employees age 55 or older that meet all other criteria. Motion carried, all voting aye.
• Moved by Kluender, second by Koele to amend Bereavement policies 414.4 (Classified) and 409.4 (Licensed) to read 5 days used within 14 days. Motion carried, all voting aye.
• Moved by Kluender, second by Koele, to amend Professional Development Policies 408.1 (Licensed) and 303.7 (Admin.) to remove the requirement for board approval for overnight stay. Motion carried, all voting aye.
• Discussion of Early Retirement Policy.
Building, Grounds, & Transportation – Bus Drivers requested some type of shelter/roof for the buses for safety reasons.
• Moved by Thomsen, second by Reblitz to reluctantly accept the resignation of Laura Sailer as school nurse at the end of this current school year. Motion carried, all voting aye.
• Moved by Reblitz, second by Koele to approve Skylar Sanford as para for 7.5 hours per day at $13.53 per hour. Motion carried, all voting aye.
• Moved by Koele, second by Thomsen to approve Ashton Gardener as full-time custodian at $15.44 per hour. Motion carried, all voting aye.
• WCEA Proposal –Denise Heiman presented the WCEA initial offer at 2.05% increase with $1,100 on the base for each lane.
• Board consensus that we will hire a full time Ag Teacher in place of Industrial Arts beginning with the 2019-20 school year.
• Moved by Kluender, second by Thomsen to approve the Budget Estimate for 2019-20 and direct publication. Motion carried, all voting aye.
• Moved by Kluender, second by Koele to set the budget hearing for April 8, 2019 at 7:30 pm. Motion carried, all voting aye.
• Moved by Kluender, second by Reblitz to use Foundation Interest received for teacher projects again this year. Motion carried, all voting aye.
• Moved by Kluender, second by Reblitz to set the hearing for the Instructional Support Levy Resolution for April 8, 2019 at 7:30 pm. Motion carried, all voting aye.
• Audit presented by Christen Howrey, Board Secretary. Moved by Kluender, second by Koele to approve the audit as presented. Motion carried, all voting aye.
• No visitor/community comments
• For the Good of the Cause – SB/BB Concession Stand – possible construction of, Showers for the Wrestling Room.
Closed Session: Moved by Kluender, second by Koele to adjourn the regular meeting and go into closed session pursuant Iowa Code 21.5(1)(i) of the open meetings law to evaluate the professional competency of an individual whose performance is being considered. Roll Call Vote taken. Motion carried, all voting yes. Board went into closed session at 9:50.
Moved by Reblitz, Second by Thomsen to go out of closed session and back to regular session at 10:28. Motion carried, all voting aye.
Adjourn: Moved by Kluender, second by Koele to adjourn. Motion carried, all voting aye. Board adjourned at 10:29 p.m.
Christen Howrey, Secretary
Gary Frafjord, President
BOARD REPORT OF COMPUTER WARRANTS — MARCH 2019
ACT PRE-ACT TESTING 663.00
3RD PTY ADMIN 97.50
3RD PTY ADMIN 97.50
Vendor Total: 195.00
AHLERS & COONEY, P.C. Legal Services 554.50
BARNES & NOBLE, INC. BOOKS 40.77
Clark, Marcy REIMB. FUEL 20.00
Cripps, Mark CONSULTING 1,600.00
Demarest, Deborah REIMB. CIM CLASS FEES 100.00
Department of Administrative Services 1/2 ANNUAL FEE..200.00
Document Depot & Destruction, Inc. SHREDDING 45.00
Glackin, Douglas TRAVEL EXP. 12.46
Hazlett, Yvonne MILEAGE..133.38
Healy Welding 09 – REPAIR MIRROR BRACKET 72.00
Iowa High School Athletic Directors Association PROF. DEV. FOR A.D. 90.00
Iowa High School Music Assoc.
LG. GROUP CHOIR 95.00
LG. GROUP BAND 120.00
Vendor Total: 215.00
IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY TAG – HS 80.00
JOSTENS BARS FOR AWARDS 33.75
LAWTON-BRONSON COMM. SCHOOL
SPECIAL ED TUITION OUT 4,309.86
SPECIAL ED TUITION OUT 14,812.14
Vendor Total: 19,122.00
MID AMERICAN ENERGY
NATURAL GAS 460.12
NATURAL GAS 754.71
Vendor Total: 9,801.31
REPAIR BARI SAX 346.06
Instructional Supplies 161.22
INSTRUMENT BOOK 10.44
TRUMPET REPAIR 25.63
BARI SAX REPAIR 126.96
INST. SUPPLIES 47.48
Vendor Total: 717.79
MIDWEST WHEEL FUEL ADDITIVE 95.88
MOC-FV BOOK BASH 72.00
MOVILLE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE MEMBERSHIP 85.00
MOVILLE, CITY OF WATER/SEWER 327.00
Mpire Heating & Cooling, LLC REPAIR – SETTINGS 170.00
NOLTE, CORNMAN & JOHNSON P.C. 2ND HALF OF AUDIT FEE 4,860.00
OFFICE OF AUDITOR OF STATE AUDIT FILING FEE 425.00
PALOS SPORTS INC. TCHOUKBALL SET 405.97
Petersen, Randal DOT PHYSICAL 106.00
PSAT/NMSQT TESTS – PSAT 112.00
RECORD, THE PUBLISHING 555.12
Rolling Oil FUEL 3,873.50
SCHOOL SPECIALTY SUPPLY, INC. ELEM. TABLE 224.26
Sioux City Truck Sales, Inc. FUEL ADDITIVE 53.94
STUBBS CONSTRUCTION SINK REPAIR IN HOME EC. ROOM 285.00
SUTER SERVICES, C.W.
HEAT/AC REPAIR 840.00
HEAT/AC REPAIR 935.12
Vendor Total: 1,775.12
TIMBERLINE BILLING SERVICE MEDICAID BILLING SERVICE 134.72
WESTERN IOWA TECH COMM COLLEGE
DRIVER COURSE 100.00
DRIVER COURSE 300.00
DRIVER COURSE 300.00
Vendor Total: 700.00
WESTWOOD COMM. SCHOOLS
CCE TUITION OUT 108.45
SPECIAL ED TUITION 13,282.40
Vendor Total: 13,390.85
Fund Total: 61,347.32
Checking Account Total: 61,347.32
PHYSICAL PLANT & EQUIPMENT
JMC COMPUTER SERVICE INC.
SOFTWARE LIC. 19-20 6,861.18
LUNCH SOFTWARE 19-20 914.89
Vendor Total: 7,776.07
MARCO TECHNOLOGIES LLC COPIER LEASES 969.00
TOTAL MOTORS BIG WHITE – TRANSMISSION 2,791.16
Fund Total: 11,536.23
Checking Account Total: 11,536.23
SU INSURANCE COMPANY EQUIPMENT – BREAK/FIX INS. 14,363.25
Fund Total: 14,363.25
Checking Account Total: 14,363.25
SALES TAX FUND
INNOVATIVE PROTECTIVES INC. WALL PADDING 1,380.00
Fund Total: 1,380.00
Checking Account Total: 1,380.00
American Heart Association JUMP ROPE FOR HEART 1,612.00
CHESTERMAN CO. CONCESS 225.95
COLBERT, JENNY CHEER JUDGE 25.00
HOFFMAN, ERIN CHEER JUDGE 25.00
IHSAA BOYS DISTRICT GATES 4,362.00
Iowa Girls’ High School Athletic Union GIRLS REGIONAL
Iowa High School Speech Assn.
ALL-STATE LG GRP. 45.00
JV DISTRICT SPEECH..224.00
V DISTRICT SPEECH 336.00
JV LG GROUP SPEECH..54.00
V LG GROUP SPEECH 76.00
Vendor Total: 735.00
Jay Warren WR. OFFICIAL MS 100.00
NELSON, HEATH MS WR. OFFICIAL 100.00
ROGERS, BREE CHEER JUDGE 25.00
Fund Total: 8,948.95
Checking Account Total: 8,948.95
GENERAL SUPPLIES 36.80
GENERAL SUPPLIES 18.40
GENERAL SUPPLIES 24.50
GENERAL SUPPLIES 19.50
Vendor Total: 99.20
Vendor Total: 1,398.86
EARTHGRAINS CO., INC.
Vendor Total: 118.19
GREENBERG FRUIT CO.
Vendor Total: 1,087.70
MARTIN BROS. DISTRIBUTING CO. INC.
GENERAL SUPPLIES 37.76
GENERAL SUPPLIES 518.22
GENERAL SUPPLIES 22.45
Vendor Total: 3,543.18
NOLL COLLECTION SERVICE COLLECTION FEE 9.45
Payschools FOOD 100.00
US FOODS – SIOUX FALLS
GENERAL SUPPLIES 141.80
Vendor Total: 1,916.04
Fund Total: 8,272.62
Checking Account Total: 8,272.62
FEBRUARY 2019 P-CARD PAYMENT — BMO PAYMENTS
Description: Supplies, Gas, Inst. Supplies, Maintenance
PENCIL SHARPENERS 57.09
SB MAGNETIC 10 FRAMES 25.35
PRIME REF. TO UPGRADE BUSINESS (119.00)
WVC CHOIR MUSIC 382.58
HONOR CHOIR MUSIC 308.15
COACHES ROOMS 380.24
BUS DRIVER ROOM 91.70
REIMB PERSONAL EXP. WM. 6.41
SHOP SUPPLIES 53.58
DRAFTING PENCILS 96.84
MS PROJECT SUPPLIES 194.88
INSTRUCTIONAL SUPPLIES 18.82
BUS SUPPLIES 91.93
WELLNESS CHALLENGE PRIZES 37.13
INSTRUCTIONAL SUPPLIES 800.83
MS JAZZ & HS CONCERT BAND 166.00
FRAUD CHARGES REVERSED (205.97)
IASBO CONFERENCE 178.00
PERSONAL CHG. – STAFF REIMB. 44.92
REVERSE SALES TAX (4.76)
STATE ROBOTICS COACHES ROOMS 244.16
STATE TAG EVENT COACH ROOMS 133.28
HISTORY DAY SUPPLIES 41.30
SNACKS FOR EXTENDED DAY PROGRAM 74.80
INSTRUCTIONAL SUPPLIES 329.12
VAN WASH 9.00
INK AND TONER 919.30
CHARGERS, MICE, HEADPHONES, CAMERAS 518.71
WIRELESS MIC, NETFLIX 54.96
100TH DAY ACTIVITIES 24.28
SNOW BLOWER REPAIR PARTS 238.94
CLEANING SUPPLIES 892.11
MAINTENANCE SUPPLIES 144.73
GARBAGE COLLECTION 1,425.48
PEST CONTROL 54.00
BOYS BB COACH PROF. DEV. 20.00
INSTRUCTIONAL IMPROVEMENT 6.48
Description: Activity Expenses
CONCESS PIZZA 159.85
TRACK FUNDRAISER POP 17.80
MAT TAPE 200.70
CHIN CUPS 70.80
GM AWARD 95.00
EXERCISE BIKE 999.00
SPEECH ITEMS 485.20
FRAMES FOR TEAM PICS 419.94
SR. PARENT NIGHT 14.00
SR. PARENT NIGHT 31.50
WRESTLING ROOMS 950.60
PIZZA CONCESS. 697.90
SAMS CLUB CONCESS 1,105.11
SPEECH EXPENSES 432.13
STATE ROBOTICS EXP 290.12
GENERAL SUPPLIES 44.29
Batch 1099 Total: 0.00
Batch Total: 16,954.48
Report 1099 Total: 0.00
Report Total: 16,954.48
PREPAID — APP. MARCH 2019
Center Point Energy Natural Gas 4,459.77
Family Healthcare of Siouxland Crick Driver Physical 106.00
NWAEA NASA TRIP 465.00
VERIZON WIRELESS CELL PHONES 520.72
Fund Total: 5,551.49
Checking Account Total: 5,551.49
PREPAID — FEBRUARY 2019
RYAN, NATHAN JH WR. OFFICIAL 100.00
Fund Total 100.00
Checking Account Total 100.00
Published in The Record
Thursday, March 21, 2019