Cushing City Council Minutes — April 2, 2019
Cushing City Council Minutes
April 2, 2019
Cushing City Hall – 200 Main St.
The regular meeting of the Cushing City Council was called to order at 6:30 p.m. by Mayor Don Joy Jr.
Council members present: Alex Rabbass, Shawn Joy, Dustin Schlenger, Jim Porter.
Also present: Lt. Charles Hertz and Brooke Sievers
Motion by Joy, seconded by Rabbass to approve consent agenda which includes:
1) Meeting agenda
2) March 5, 2019 Minutes
3) Financial Statement & Budget Report
4) Claims as Presented
5) Building Permits – none
ACCO Chlorine 220.60
AT&T Firemen Cell 46.21
Barnes & Noble Library Books 136.74
Nicole Huisinga Mileage/Bathroom Supplies 58.50
ISG Eng./Operator Services 1,811.59
Gary Merkel Mileage 29.96
MCI Telephone 29.74
Mid-American Electricity 903.98
New Coop Library/City/Fire 801.46
NW REC Standpipe Light 24.67
PCC Ambulance Billing 263.94
Quality Pump & Control Lift Station Repair 1,044.50
The Record Publishing 226.86
SCE Water Project 42,147.94
Schaller Telephone Phone Service 53.99
Schmitt Construction Water Project 9,395.38
USPS stamps 55.00
WITCC Fireman Training 95.00
Revenues by Fund:
Road Use 1,364.91
Water Fund 2,712.80
Sewer Fund 1,725.00
Solid Waste Fund 1,945.50
Fire Fund 0.00
Total Revenue: 12,881.06
Sheriff’s Report. Lt. Hertz reported deputies conducted 30 hours of Directed Patrols and responded to 4 calls.
Council discussed the various residents that the clerk is instructed to send letters about their nuisance properties.
City Maintenance. Street repairs and sewer cleaning & televising were discussed.
Motion made by Schlenger to approve Reports as given. Seconded by Porter. Motion carried 4/0.
• Library Roof Repair. Mayor Joy has been talking with a guy that does tuck pointing. We are waiting on some estimates from him.
• ISG. Project on target for April 2019 completion. Council discussed starting the process for sewer update. Brooke Sievers will check dates, and did advise city to look into raising sewer rates.
* Section 1: Pay Request #6
Motion made by Schlenger to approve the payment. Seconded by Joy. Motion passed 4/0
* Section 2: Pay Request #5
Motion made by Porter to approve the payment. Seconded by Rabbass. Motion passed 4/0
• Rehab Systems. Clerk instructed to call and make an appointment.
• Lagoons. Curt Wiese asked permission to graze sheep, and council were all in agreement to allow it. Clerk will send a letter.
• Old 20 Bar and Grill. Motion made by Schlenger to approve liquor license for Old 20 Bar and Grill, seconded by Rabbass. Motion passed 4/0
Next regular meeting has been set for Tuesday, May 7, 2019 at 6:30 p.m.
With no further business, motion by Joy, seconded by Porter to adjourn at 8:05 p.m.
Mayor Don Joy, Jr.
City Clerk Nicole Huisinga
Published in The Record
Thursday, April 25, 2019