Anthon City Council
ORDINANCE NO. 209
AN ORDINANCE AMENDING
THE CODE OF ORDINANCES
OF THE CITY OF ANTHON, IOWA, BY AMENDING
PROVISIONS CONTAINED IN CHAPTER 148 –
INTERNATIONAL PROPERTY MAINTENANCE CODE.
Be it enacted by the City Council of the City of Anthon, Woodbury County, Iowa.
SECTION 1. Section 148.01 of the Code of Ordinances of Anthon, Iowa, is repealed and the following adopted in lieu thereof:
148.01. INTERNATIONAL PROPERTY MAINTENANCE CODE. Except as hereinafter modified, the 2015 Edition of the International Property Maintenance Code, published by the International Code Council (ICC), is hereby specifically incorporated by reference and shall be known as the Property Maintenance Code of the City of Anthon, Iowa, except for such portions as are modified herein, to regulate and govern the conditions and maintenance of all property, buildings and structures; to provide the standards for supplied utilities and facilities and other physical things and conditions essential to ensure that residential structures are safe, sanitary and fit for occupation and use; to authorize the condemnation of buildings and structures unfit for human occupancy and use, and the demolition of such existing structures; and to provide for the issuance of permits and collection of fees therefor. A copy of the International Maintenance Code is available for public reference in City Hall.
SECTION 2. The following is adopted as a new section of Chapter 148 of the Code of Ordinances of Anthon, Iowa:
148.02 MODIFICATIONS. Certain sections and portions of sections of the International Property Maintenance Code are hereby amended, modified, or deleted as set for below.
1. Section 302.4 — Subsection 302.4 is amended by adding the following references: “Weeds and plant growth shall also comply with Chapter 152 of this Code of Ordinances.”
2. Section 302.8 — Subsection 302.8 is amended by adding the following references: “Motor vehicles in exterior areas shall also comply with Chapter 51 of this Code of Ordinances.”
3. Section 304.3 — Subsection 304.3 is amended by adding the following references: “Building numbering shall also comply with Chapter 150 of this Code of Ordinances.”
4. Section 304.14 – “[DATE] to [DATE]” shall be replaced with “April to October.”
5. Sections 308.1, 308.2 and 308.3 — Add the following references: “Property owners and occupants shall also comply with the requirements of Chapters 95-99 (Sewers) and Chapter 105-106 (Garbage Collection) of this Code of Ordinances.”
6. Section 506.1 — Add the following references: “Sewer connections or other on-site private sewage disposal systems shall also comply with Chapter 98 of this Code of Ordinance.”
7. Section 507.1 — Add the following reference: “Property owners and occupants shall also comply with the requirements of Chapter 50, Nuisances, of this Code of Ordinances.”
8. Section 602.3 – “[DATE] to [DATE]” shall be replaced with “September to May.”
9. Section 602.4 – “[DATE] to [DATE]” shall be replaced with “September to May.”
10. The title “code official” as used throughout the 2015 International Property Maintenance Code shall refer to the Building Inspector/Code Enforcement Officer of the City, and such title shall be considered synonymous and may be used interchangeably.
SECTION 3. Repealer. All ordinances or parts of ordinances in conflict with the provisions of this ordinance are hereby repealed.
SECTION 4. Effective Date. This ordinance shall be in effect from and after its final passage, approval and publication as provided by law.
Passed by the council on the 8th day of June, 2020 and approved on the 8th day of June, 2020.
Tammy Reimer, Mayor
Jenifer D. Umbach, City Clerk
First Reading: June 8, 2020
Second Reading: Waived
Third Reading: Waived
I certify that the foregoing was published as Ordinance No. 209 on the 18th day of June, 2020.
Jenifer D. Umbach, City Clerk
Published in The Record
Thursday, June 18, 2020