Cushing City Council Minutes — November 3, 2020
City Council Minutes
November 3, 2020
Cushing City Hall – 200 Main St.
The regular meeting of the Cushing City Council was called to order at 6:31 p.m. by Mayor Don Joy Jr.
Council members present: Jesse VanHouten, Jerry Wittrock, Shawn Joy, and Mary Tyler
Also present: Sheriff Dave Drew, Chad Sheehan
Motion by VanHouten seconded by Joy to approve consent agenda which includes:
1) Meeting agenda
2) October 6, 2020 Minutes
3) Financial Statement & Budget Report
4) Claims as Presented
5) Building Permits – Dausel, O’Connell
Motion passed 4/0.
Anfinson Farm Store Permapatch/Grass seed 500.91
AT&T Firemen Cell 62.93
Barnes & Noble Library Books 190.54
Boerner & Goldsmith Lawyer Fees 150.00
Connie Carstens Library Frame 26.00
Dave Carstens Mileage 464.40
Correctionville Building Center Street Supplies 36.69
Elaine Droegmiller Library Supplies/Books 109.96
EMC Ambulance Supplies 128.79
Nicole Huisinga Mileage/Cleaning Supplies 92.70
Iowa League of Cities Budget Workshop 25.00
ISG Operator Services 450.00
Imminent Threat Water
MCI Telephone 31.18
Menards Library Sink/City Fire Alarms 182.27
MET Water Testing 39.00
Mid-American Electricity 707.27
Lora D Miller 2019 Tax Prep 542.50
MPLC Library Movie License 141.00
NW REC Standpipe Light 127.93
PCC Ambulance Billing 253.51
Tammy Porter Library Table.. 80.25
Robert Mohr Park Spraying 303.00
SCE Repairs 1551.62
Schaller Telephone Phone Service 56.75
Stevenson Hardware City Parts 76.98
Terry Clarkson Burials 1200.00
USPS Stamps 55.00
Revenues by Fund:
Road Use 1340.32
Water Fund 3699.93
Sewer Fund 2123.90
Solid Waste Fund 1956.25
Fire Fund 11,233.00
Total Revenue: 48,557.77
Sheriff’s Report: Sheriff Drew went over the report, and thanked the city and said goodbye as his term is up at the end of the year. Chad Sheehan introduced himself, and answered some questions from the council.
Library Report: No report given.
Clerk Report: Report given.
City Maintenance: Council discussed the work that is in progress.
E911/Landfill Board: No report given.
Old 20 CDC: No report given.
Motion made by Wittrock to approve reports as given. Seconded by Joy. Motion carried 4/0.
1. Motion made by Joy to set December 1 as the date for a public hearing to approve plans, specifications, form of contract and estimate of cost for Lift Station Replacement. Seconded by VanHouten. Passed 4/0.
2. Motion made by VanHouten to set December 17 as the date to receive bids for the Lift Station Replacement project. Seconded by Wittrock. Passed 4/0.
• Liquor License. Motion made by Wittrock to approve the liquor license for the Cushing Fire Dept. Seconded by VanHouten. Passed 4/0.
• AFR. Motion made by Joy to approve clerk to publish and send the AFR to the state. Seconded by Tyler. Passed 4/0.
• Nuisances. Clerk updated clerk on status of property that was sent a letter, and the deadline for abatement was not met. Motion made by Tyler to move ahead with the municipal infraction case. Seconded by VanHouten. Passed 4/0.
Motion made by Joy to approve and authorize clerk to send AFR to be published and to the state. Seconded by VanHouten. Passed 4/0.
Next regular meeting has been set for Tuesday, December 1, at 6:30 p.m.
With no further business, motion by Tyler, seconded by Joy to adjourn at 7:34 p.m.
Mayor Don Joy, Jr.
City Clerk Nicole Huisinga
Published in The Record
Thursday, November 12, 2020